Saturday, January 10, 2015

Dear Putin

Dear Vladimir Putin,

    Have you looked outside today? Did you see the sun? Or the harsh Russian winter that has you huddled inside. Did you eat breakfast? Was it satisfying?

   I woke up, ate breakfast, and made a point to wrote this to you. You may very look at it, but what matters is that I put it in the Ether. In the 25 years I have been graced with being on the planet. I've seen suffering in these eyes. For far too long. I look around at my Brothers and Sisters who have fought the good fight for equality. For justice. For happiness.

  You sir, are a tyrant. Plain and simple. In a world where injustice and inequality are at high marks. You lead the Calvary in the fight against the LGBTQPIA. People whom have only wanted to be the people they want to be. People who have finished nothing to do you wrong. Only better their quality of life.

  Do you sleep at night with one eye open? Sometimes at night the terrors of my past. Brought on by being a Trans* individual in a world where I am disliked for being different. It keeps me up at night. While my brothers and sisters are wronged by your plight. It keeps me up. It fuels the fire.

  One day Putin, after you are left in a miserable mess you've made for yourself. Our plight for equality, for justice, and for a better way of life. It will still be stronger than any bomb you've built. Any ties you've cut. It will be stronger.

  To be a Trans* individual isn't a curse but a liberation. One to understand that something you couldn't choose at birth. It's more than that. It's what you make it. I will not adhere to standards set in place by a government meant to restrain their people. Meant to put them in fear for being themselves. Do you think you can halt their existence? Far from it. The people are angry. They want justice. To whom will take the fall? You Putin. You will see as justice you yielded will consume you. Will make you weak.

   The disease you may think we have. May hold us back. From what I have seen, through the years. It doesn't hold us back. It makes us unique. Makes us difference. Makes us want to fight for our justice. You too, will pay for the crimes against humanity. Maybe not now, but soon. We are coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment